1. Students rehearse at their music school, Santiago Cuba
2. A girl on her way to school in rural Gaya district, an area of Bihar Province where Maoist insurgents are active, India
3. A Sudanese girl in school in the town of Malakal
4. Hazara girls on their walk home from school, Bamyan Province
5. This girl lives with her family on their boat moored on the Saigon River. To get to school, she punts herself to the bank standing on a piece of Styrofoam packing material.
6. Wearing hijabs under their mortarboards and seated in separate rows from their male peers, the women pictured are graduates of the department of language and literature at Kabul University.
To view more photos, click here: http://t.co/adVkjaZd3J